MPN Ontario Meeting – June 1st
We invite you to attend our next MPN Ontario get together on Saturday, June 1st. Like every spring, the meeting will be followed by a delicious potluck lunch and opportunity to chat with other attendees – and where better to do this than on the beautiful grounds of the Wellwood Centre in Hamilton! We encourage everyone to join us for lunch and chat with fellow MPN people but if you don’t have time, you’re welcome to just attend the meeting – just let us know in your reply.
- When: Saturday, June 1st at 10:00 am
- Where: Wellwood Juravinski House in Hamilton. Please see the directions attached or use this Google Maps link.
- 10:00 am – Refreshments and Meet & Greet – an opportunity to chat with other patients
- 10:30 am – Welcome and Introductions.
- 10:45 am – A presentation by Astrid Quenneville on the importance of proper nutrition for MPN patients. Astrid is a registered dietitian at the Juravinski Cancer Centre with many years of experience helping and advising people with a wide range of cancers. There will be an opportunity to ask Astrid questions at the end of her presentation.
- 11:30 am – Break
- 11:45 am: Patient Stories
- 12:15 pm – Meeting wrap up
- 12:30 pm – Potluck lunch on the Wellwood Centre green
For the potluck lunch, MPN Ontario will supply the hot entree, utensils, plates, cups, and liquid refreshments (water, tea, coffee, soft drinks). We ask that members bring one small item for the lunch to be shared with the group.
To ensure we don’t all bring desserts or pickles (!), there’s a “potluck link” in the description below to an online document where you can see what others are bringing and add your own item to the list.
If you are attending this meeting, please do the following:
- Confirm your attendance by sending a brief reply to MPNOntario@gmail.com – and, to ensure adequate seating, let us know if others will be accompanying you and their name(s).
- Let us know what potluck item you’re bringing by clicking this potluck link. A document will pop up and you simply type your name and the item in the appropriate category. That’s all there is to it – no need to do anything else. If you change your mind about what you would like to bring later, no problem, just click the above link again, delete your earlier item and enter the new choice. When deciding what to bring to the potluck, keep in mind Wellwood is a peanut-free environment.
Since we hope to have lunch outside if the weather allows, please bring a hat, sun block, and a lawn chair to sit in comfort.
As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Looking forward to seeing you on June 1st and thanks for your ongoing support!
John Clark (tel: 905-788-6828) and Joanne McKinley (tel: 519-576-1668)
MPN Ontario Support Group Coordinators