MPN Ontario Meeting – June 2
Just a reminder that our Spring meeting on June 2nd is rapidly approaching and we hope you can attend. We’re going to repeat last spring’s very successful format with a meeting followed by a delicious potluck lunch and opportunity to chat with other attendees – and where better to do this than on the beautiful grounds of the Wellwood Centre in Hamilton!
The theme of this meeting is Keeping Active with an MPN
For the potluck lunch, MPN Ontario will supply the hot entree, utensils, plates, cups, and liquid refreshments (water, tea, coffee, soft drinks). We ask that members bring one small item for the lunch to be shared with the group. To ensure we don’t all bring desserts or pickles (!), there is a “potluck link” below to an online document where you can see what others are bringing and add your own item to the list.
- When: Saturday, June 2nd at 10:00am
- Where: Wellwood Juravinski House in Hamilton. Please see this Google Maps link.
- 10:00 am – Refreshments and Meet & Greet – an opportunity to chat with other patients
- 10:30 am – Welcome and Introductions.
- 10:45 am – Presentation by Jen Beck on the importance for MPN patients of keeping physically active. Jen is a physiotherapist focussed on oncology rehab and exercise. She has led the Cancer Exercise program at Wellspring Cancer Centre for 9 years in addition to leading and developing other community programs.
- 11:30 am – Break
- 11:45 am: Scott Duffield, a recent bone marrow transplant recipient, will share his experience, explain what’s involved in a transplant from a patient point-of-view, and answer your questions.
- 12:15 pm – Meeting wrap up
- 12:30 pm – Potluck lunch on the Wellwood Centre green
If you are attending this meeting, please do the following:
- Confirm your attendance by sending an email to email@example.com – and to ensure adequate seating, let us know if someone will be accompanying you.
- Let us know what potluck item you are bringing by clicking this potluck link. A document will pop up and you simply type your name and the item in the appropriate category. That’s all there is to it – no need to do anything else. If you change your mind about what you would like to bring later, no problem, just click here, delete your item and enter the new choice. When deciding what to bring to the potluck, keep in mind Wellwood is a peanut-free environment.
Since we hope to have lunch outside if weather permits, please bring a hat and lawn chair to sit in comfort.
As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Looking forward to seeing you on June 2nd and thanks for your ongoing support!
MPN Ontario Coordinators
John Clark (tel: 905-788-6828) and Joanne McKinley (tel: 519-576-1668)