Southern Alberta MPN Meeting – Nov 26
Saturday, Nov 26, 2020
Please mark your calendars for Saturday, November 28 from 9:30-11:00 AM MST for our next “MPN Information & Support Session” via ZOOM. This will again be a joint meeting with the Northern Alberta MPN Network Support Group. We feel very privileged to have Dr. Sonia Cerquozzi (Tom Baker Cancer Center & University of Calgary) available to speak to us on the topic of “Clinical Trials” in Alberta, and in Canada. Amongst other items in her presentation we can anticipate:
- What is a Clinical Trial & What is its Purpose
- How do I Qualify for a Clinical Trial … What if I Live Out-of-Province
- Why Would I Want to Consider Participating
- Who Would I Discuss Participating With … my MPN doc or the Pharma company?
- What are the Risks Involved for Me
- Are there Costs Involved
- What Clinical Trials are Available in Alberta? in Canada?
I’m hoping that Dr. Cerquozzi will be able to share exciting news about a potential new Clinical Trial in Calgary for Ropeg coming soon (Pegasys is being phased out). Please RSVP to [email protected] or call 403-274-6532. There is no cost to attend and both patients and care partners are welcome. Thanks and we hope to see you there!